WHO ARE WE
THIERRY S.A. is a family owned business lead today by the third generation. The company emerged from an artisanal structure created in 1970. Today, more than 130 employees are working on 2 sites and are producing more than 500’000 optical and solar frames per year.
THIERRY SA is today the main player in France both in terms of volume and employees.
This is the result of the long-term relationship with our main customers as well as the evolution of the French frame industry.
THIERRY SA will celebrate in 2020 its 50th anniversary:
- The EPV Label should then enlighten this longevity
Le premier métier de l’Entreprise a été le polissage de l’acétate (avant 1970), puis rapidement l’usinage de faces en acétate (années 70), puis la production de montures complètes en acétate ( années 80).
The original craftsmanship was acetate polishing (before 1970), then the milling started growing quite quickly (during the 70’s), then production and finishing of complete acetate frames (80’s).
The production of metal semi-finished started in a rush at the end of the 80’s to sustain the production of combined frames first and then titanium in 1996.
- We are specialized and particularly skilled in high quality acetate and combine frames production and assembling
- Developing the know how acquiring new knowledges and technologies
- Historical partner : Lafont
Our Customers :
- French and International Designers
- Major luxury brands
Allegiance to maintain the stability of the long term relationship with our partners.
Honesty and loyalty, for frank and solid relationships.
Respect, open-mindedness and recognition, to enhance everyone’s place within our organization.
Eco-responsibility, to preserve our environment in the long term.
HENCE OUR CHOICES :
- Stay and produce on our historical territory : Haut-Jura, the cradle of French frames production.
- Use the local network (Suppliers, Subcontractors and specific know-how in the Industry).
OUR PRODUCTION SITES LOCATED WITHIN THE CRADLE OF FRENCH FRAMES PRODUCTION
HISTORICAL SITE OF LES MARAIS WITH :
Offices and Technical Team
More than 100 specialists dedicated to production of acetate components, assembling, finishing and packaging of finished frames
Site Les Buclets
25 specialists for :
- Milling, soldering and assembling metal components
- Production of acetate temples and temple tips
120 EMPLOYEES WITH EFFICIENT AND INNOVATIVE MEANS OF PRODUCTION :
- 8 Five Axes Machine
- 18 Three Axes Milling machine
- 5 Robots used for different operations such as Polishing, Strass insertion, Wire core insertion…
- 4 Lasers used for cutting, engraving or decoration
- 5 Milling machine specially designed for lens cutting for all types of lenses at high speed
DEDICATED NETWORK TO CONNECT OUR EQUIPMENTS IN ORDER TO :
- Easily share and transmit all technical data created by our specialists
- Production management through our ERP and with live declaration of the staff
SIGNIFICANT ASSEMBLY EQUIPMENTS :
- Insert Hinges
- Riveting Hinges
- Combinated Frames
Significant finishing equipment with packaging personalization